A First Person Shooter prototype.
C++, Unreal Engine
- Responsible for planning and scheduling all the AI related tasks for the game.
- Answering designer questions about using the engine for AI.
- Implemented a Probability Selector node to the behavior tree system (in Unreal) to give the designers more flexibility. This was eventuallu used to randomly play enemy barks.
- Added perception such as sight, sound and damage to the enemies. This was then used to make them react to the surroundings.
- Added support for making the NPC’s jump and crouch. Taught the designers how to annotate the navigation meshes.
- Added a spawner with multiple parameters so that the designers could easily add waves of enemies.
- Implemented a system to allow voice for enemies while making sure that only a limited voices could be heard at any given time.
- Optimised the algorithms when we realised that some of them were using a lot of cycles unnecessarily.
- Created the initial behaviours for different enemy types as specified by the designers. This was eventually taken care of by the designers and another programmer.
- Helped with implementing the final boss AI for the prototype.