Welcome to my monthly report for the month of November 2016 . This monthly report outlines any income, expenses and goals related to the blog and photography. You can read the previous report here
Posts and Comments
Posts in November 2016 : 2
Comments in November 2016 (not including my replies and my Pingbacks) : 0
This month the blog saw 155 sessions with 131 users and 248 page views. The percentage of returning visitor is 21.9% which means about 34 people were returning visitors. Considering, that I just had 2 posts this month, the numbers although small are still surprising . I think the reason for this is that some of the posts in the previous month have become much more popular than expected. Crossposting and getting visibility on high user sites seems to be the key here. This kind of reinforces my thinking that posting less often but having high quality posts is the way to go in the future.
- Direct: 57 (-88)
- Organic Search: 53 (+26)
- Social: 36 (-15)
- Other: 8 (-20)
- Referral: 1 (-4)
Social Media Traffic
- Facebook : 19 (-2)
- Twitter: 16 (-12)
- LinkedIn: 0 (-2)
- Blogger: 1(+1)
- Facebook: 165 (+19)
- Twitter: 36 (0)
- Pinterest: 0
This month, both direct and social traffic dropped down quite a bit. Surprisingly, I got a lot of hits because of organic search. Unfortunately, most of the data is (not provided) so I need to look at how to fix this for the future.
This month saw visitors from 29 countries with the most visitors being again from USA. This is a less than last month where I had visitors from 41 countries.
The post-mortems written in October still seem to be the favorites and responsible for driving clearly trumps all other published material in November.
Review of October Goals
- (FAILED) Write at least 4 articles.- I just wrote 2 articles tin October. Work and Personal life is not giving me enough time to concentrate on the blog among other things
- (FAILED) Get 5 more photos approved on dreamstime.com – I did not get time to edit even one of the existing photographs to make it suitable for a stock photography site
- (PASSED) Get approved on 1 more stock photography site. – I managed to get 3 photos approved on Shutterstock
- (PASSED) Update at least 5 older posts for better key-wording.
- (FAILED) Get 1000 page views
- (FAILED )Have 500 Users visit the site
- (FAILED) Increase the Average Session duration to 2 minutes – I just managed to hit an average of 1:20.
- (FAILED) 50 Returning Visitors.
- (FAILED) Use different google analytics tracking codes for pages and the posts to differentiate visitors who are interested in my experience, projects etc as opposed to reading the posts.
Goals for December
- Write at least 2 articles.
- Get 5 more photos approved on dreamstime.com and shutterstock.com
- Update at least 5 older posts for better key-wording.
- Get 1000 page views
- Have 500 Users visit the site
- Increase the Average Session duration to 2 minutes.
- 50 Returning Visitors.
- Use different google analytics tracking codes for pages and the posts to differentiate visitors who are interested in my experience, projects etc as opposed to reading the posts.
- Fix the (not provided) in the organic search